Thursday, September 11, 2008

Swearing in 9/12/08

I, Tiffany Bailey, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

I trained for 2 months.  I learned French.  I passed my tests.  I took the oath.  And now I'm a Peace Corps Volunteer.  

Swearing in is at the US Embassy with all the hoopla of Ambassadors and Press etc. etc. etc. 

Then we party.  

Then we save the world.

2 comments:

Arly said...

That's the same oath I took (or at least one of them) when I joined the Navy.

Congrats Tiff!

Melissa said...

Hey, Tiffany! Your mom gave us your blog address and I was excited to check it out! Glad you're doing well! We'll be reading!