Friday, August 8, 2008

Bamako or Bust

I leave for Bamako tomorrow.  Leave is a strong word...i'm only like 10 minutes from Bamako while residing at Tubaniso.  But all the same I'm staying with another PVC who's been in Mali for 2 years and we're gonna see the town!  

I'm hoping to get a look at my future work place, and see a bit of the fun in and around the capital city of Mali.  I'll let you know how it goes.....

I did receive a handbook put together by PCV's of years past detailing all the good places to go, eat, and be entertained in Bamako.  Some of my favorites include American Embassy flag football, Hash Runs, and a softball team full of American ex-pats.  Oh and there is chinese food.  Woot.

Gypsy on.

1 comment:

Wendy... said...

Hey I watched about 1/2 of the USA v. Mali Women's Basketball in the Olympics this morning. Thought of you and wondered if people there were watching too! Hope things are going well. Love and miss you.