Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Violently Ill

So i got the ameobas.   Yep Ameboas are not fun.  At all.  I won't go into graphic detail, but it involved severe digestive problems, fever, and fatigue that started Sunday and ended late Monday night.  I couldn't walk to and from the bathroom (and I went there a lot) without my heart rate going to about 120.  It was awesome.

It was actually kind of funny cause the night i was sick there was a lighting storm and i'm squatting over a hole in the ground filled with water while throwing up in a bucket while lightening is threatening to strike at any time.  All I could think was this was not the way I wanted to die.  It was pretty humerous.  (sorry that got more graphic than some of you would have liked...but it was really funny)

I'm on meds now and feeling great though.  First major sickness tackled!  HOORAA!

My family was great while i was sick.  They kept trying to feed me, but the last thing i wanted was food.  It's the though that counts.  Additionally, they brought me water to bathe with and take to the Nyegen with me.  They checked in on me several times too.  

My friend Alec also came over a lot and brought me a Sprite and just generally made sure I was okay.  Yay for good friends and host families :)

Back at Tubaniso, I'll update more soon.

Gypsy on.

No comments: