Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Updates

Hey everyone

I've been neglecting you. Deepest apologies.

About two weeks ago I went on a Bike Tour from the regional capital of Koulikoro to a village called Banamba (I think that's spelled right). Twelve of us PCV's and 2 Malian friends biked from village to village doing skits and informational sessions on HIV/AIDS awareness as well as spreading the spirit of Global Entrepeneurship Week. Small Business Development is a major focus of Peace Corps Mali, and we spent time with Malian Youth helping them realize the oppurtunities for new businesses in their country. We also tried to bring up topics as simple as accounting and expenditure tracking within existing businesses (apparently many Malian business don't even do simple accounting).

I had a great time working on my Bambara and learning what it is like to live in "en Brusse" in Mali (en Brusse means in the bush). One village we went to even threw us a big party with traditional African dancing complete with scary masks and a person pretending to be a gorilla, very national geographic-esque. I will get pics up soon.

I can't hardly believe it's already december! I received several packages from my parents full of chistmas happiness and now my room smells and looks like christmas. It really lifted my spirits! I'm so blessed to have such great family!

Anyway, I hope you are enjoying the bustle of the holiday season! I sure miss it!

Eat Taco Bell for me and then tell me how good it was.

Gypsy On!

No comments: