Wednesday, December 26, 2007

I'm Promised

Christmas was fantastic. I love Christmas, but I have such bad withdrawls starting today and lasting through January. From now until like July there is nothing to look forward to. No GREAT holidays. oh well, we will survive on valentines, st p's and easter i guess.

But CHRISTMAS...
Saturday we flew into portland and while thomas took a nap (we left the house at 5am) I wrapped all the presents and chatted with the rents. Then we went to lunch with nate and kristi and baby boy andrew. Cutest child EVER. Saturday night was magical at the Grotto. We looked at lights and listened to carolers. It was fantastic.

Sunday was an amazing morning at Imago Dei followed by breakfast with the extended fam. Then naps galore. Sunday night we had dinner and presents with nate and kristi and andrew. Then we went home and I fell asleep on thomas' chest while he watched a roy orbison video with my parents.

Monday we slept in, ate a lot of crap, went to the grocery store brawls, had pizza, and went to midnight mass at the grotto. THENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN...Thomas took me by the hand and let me to a quiet corner on the Grotto grounds with christmas lights sparkling and carols playing and handed me a ring box :) He said he couldn't propose before i left for africa cause "no wife of his was going to africa without him" but he wanted to give me a place holder ring and a promise that he'd ask me to marry him when i came home from Africa. SO i open thebox and inside is a white gold 18k celtic ring (with the symbol for love printed around it). Absolutely perfect and beautiful. He was sorta freakin out cause it is too small, but a correct size is a mere fed ex envelope away :) I can't wait to get the right one. He even got all teary eyed. So, NO, i'm not engaged...i'm promised.

Finally we got to Christmas day which was lovely. We opened presents ate food and it snowed. Can it get any better?

No comments: