Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Is this really zen-like?

So i started yoga. Andi got my arse kicked by yoga.

bikram yoga. You basically stand in a 101 degree room and contort your body in awkward positions for 90 minutes.

I'm awesome at athletics. I can run and jump and play with the best of them (unless it's volleyball, then i look like the fat kid in gym class). Yoga, however, eludes me. I mean i can run 6:45 miles. I can run half marathons up giant trails, my body fat is 16.5% and dropping, my lean body mass is 110 lbs, but hot sweat rooms where i gotta put my leg above my head kills me.

But i will not be bested. I've signed up for a month of unlimited classes (at a cool $100) and i'm dedicated to going at least 3 times a week. I'm hoping I can get it down so i can maybe sorta do yoga while in africa....we'll see.

Thomas used to teach yoga, but he doesn't like bikram. It's too hot he says. And he likes the relaxing yoga where you do guided imagery. This yoga is not relaxing at all. WEll maybe it is cause you're so damn tired at the end you can't help but relax... This yoga is brutal...i actually got in trouble for trying to get a quick drink when it wasn't a designated water period. I didn't even know there were designated times.

I'm such a noob.

1 comment:

Crazy Crutchers said...

you need to read a book ...has nothing to do with yoga by the way... read "the shack" it is by william p young it will change you