Friday, February 1, 2008

MCDREAMY LOST 12 POUNDS!

Yes, that was the title of the OK magazine that Thomas picked up while we were in line at the grocery store today. Seriously???? I love me some McDreamy, but why in name of all that is holy would i care that he lost 12 pounds. Maybe if he gained 400 i might be interested. And even then, not enough to open the magazine. But lost 12 pounds???????? Come on, I know guys that lose 12 pounds in one trip to the bathroom.

Not to mention the minute by minute coverage of britany spears. Give me a break, could someone please give me news? I'm not even kidding, I saw a show last night (and by saw i mean had the misfortune of stopping on it for all of 30 seconds) that actually documented her ordeal minute by minute. Can i please get a minute by minute documentation of something that matters? Like say...congress' day, the genocide in Darfur, the Chinese involvement (by way of arms sales) in several genocides (including Burma). Please, could we get minute by minute on something that is meaningful?

Grr. It just makes me mad because it shows me that the vast majority of people are more concerned with fake hollywood stars than life and death matters of poverty, oppression, war, and the environment. It does a lot of damage to my glass half full mentality. I like to think people are good, but this just makes me sad. Sigh.

On the subject of China...I'm boycotting the olympics and so should you. I won't be watching them. I'd also like to boycott chinese products, but i'm pretty sure that's next to impossible. But i'm trying anyway.

Maybe i'll post it up about that tomorrow.

Gypsy on

1 comment:

Crazy Crutchers said...

funny story related to china... my step son got a transformer for xmas from santa... he looks at the bottom and says "i thought this was made at the north pole not china...wierd"