Monday, April 7, 2008

One jammed hip later



The race went awesome. It was a great trail!

I'm VERY happy with my times and my running. I finished around 1:54 and for a hilly course, i think that's pretty great. I got 12th in my age group (outta 110) and 254th outta 1266 runners total (male and female).

After finishing, I enjoyed the post race festivities with thomas and went back home for a shower and a nap. Upon waking, however, i realized that my right hip was jammed during the run (too much running down hill i guess). But no problem today it's feeling almost completly normal, and i'm gonna do a nice easy 4-6 miler today (depending on how i feel mid run).

Next up, a 4 mile Xterra trail race. I love this race. It was my very first race ever a year ago. Last year I came in second, but this year i moved up an age group which, contrary to what you'd believe, makes it harder. It seems that my new age group is a peak time for "serious" runners, so i'm just gonna train hard and see what happens. Xterra races are my FAVORITE, and this is the last one i can compete in before i leave for Mali, so i'm pretty excited.

In other exciting weekend news...thomas and i went to the farmers market again this weekend and bought a bunch of fruit. mmmdelicious. Buy local!

Gypsy on!

1 comment:

Crazy Crutchers said...

you rock that race WOO HOO... just wanted to give you the update that the pictures of the european adventure are up and you should check them out hope all is well miss ya PEACE