Friday, April 4, 2008

Runnin on love

Tomorrow is the big day! I'm bib #2312 for the Dole Great Race!!! I'm running my second half marathon, and have no plan to PR. Although I'm in better shape thanI was for last August for the HulaMan Half Marathon, this race is on trails and has more hills. I'm used to running hills though, so hopefully i don't peeter out :)

Plan for today is rest, drink water, eat spaghetti, and have a little gatorade just before bed. Then, I'll be up just before 6 to be to the race around 6:15. Start time is 7am, hopefully all over and sittin on a curb eating post race party food by 9. My last time was 1:49 or something like that...I'm hoping to get under 2 this time. But I'm not going to concentrate on my time so much as enjoying the race and finishing.

7 weeks ago i couldn't even run because of an ankle injury, so i'm pretty happy just to be able to feel as confident as I do. I'm not a half-marathoner to be honest...i so much prefer the 6-9 mile range, but it's good to go outside my comfort zone occasionally :)

After the race I'm plannin on hittin up the farmer's market and then home to bed. :) I'll let you know how it goes...

No comments: