Monday, March 17, 2008

Ode to the Irish

Kiss me, I'm Irish...no really i am. Bailey...self-explanitory. Actually my great great grandpa on my MOM's side (so not even the Bailey side) was an Irish sea captain. He came to the US...and now I'm a salty irish pirate's great great grand-daughter. Yay me.

Inherited Irish Traits:
  • Green eyes??? i dunno is that Irish? lol
  • Short lephurcaun stature
  • I like rain...???
  • I can hold my alcohol...actually not true anymore. i RARELY drink these days, so i'm a light weight now...sad
  • i probably have a temper...but i'm not admitting it
  • i like green

LOL...well i'm irish at heart! You know what I WISH i would have inherited...the amazing voices of Irish singers. For example:

  • Damien Rice
  • Damien Rice's chick...whatever her name is that sounds like a flippin siren
  • Enya
  • Glen and Irglova or whatever her weird name is

See, i mean, come on. Enya for crying out loud. She's the most amazing singer EVER. Pure tone in her voice, it's really amazing. I'm 99.9% sure that the song that i walk down the aisle to is going to be Aniron from Lord of the Rings. I'm not a Lord of the Rings junkie...never read the books and not HUGE into the movies or anything...but that frickin song is so beautiful. PLUS i hate the "here comes the bride big fat and wide..." song. Everytime i hear that song that's all i think, not really what i want in my head as i go into marriage lol.

Well that's a digression to say the least. So happy st. patrick's day! May the green beer flow with abundance! And don't forget to kiss me!

3 comments:

Arly said...

Do you know that the music that is your Hear Comes The Bride is from Lohengrin (opera) and it's actually the scene where the lovers just got married and they're ...off to make it official... So technically it's a song about shaggin'.

Arly said...

Oh, on another side note. My Father and Mother In Law say hello. My MIL (Nyla Dominguez) was your Sunday school teacher one year while they were at Southwest... And yes, they do remember you and your family.

Wendy... said...

Hey - I'm Irish too! And also on my mother's side. Her family name is Eagan - shortened by my great-great-grandfather from O'Eagan. I think I would have prefered a name that started with three vowels!

Hope you had a great day.

Love and miss you.