Thursday, March 13, 2008

Right I'm pro

So i'm on this yahoo group for Peace Corps people. Like people who are applying, people in the field, and people who've returned...well they wanted to find out who had blogs etc. since reading other people's experience is so helpful yada yada yada.

This mostly translates, in my experience, is that we peace corps applicants are freaking nuts. All we do all day is obsess over what country we'll end up in, what our job will be, and what the hell we're supposed to pack with us.

I'm really no help. I had no problems with my medical or placement...i'm pretty much an anomaly.

But speaking of obsessive peace corps behaviors...In the last week I've probably checked and rechecked about a 100 websites on packing lists. I've now got a rough idea of what to bring...but no idea how much it will weigh or if it will even remotely fit in 2 checked bags. What I do know is that clothes will take up the least space lol...pans, knives, head lamps, etc will likely be the bulk.

Can we just talk for a moment about spiders? i hate spiders. HATE. I'm not scared....not really, i just hate them. They're yucky. All those legs and weird eyes and they jump and crawl WAY too damn fast. Africa has big spiders. I know this cause at the zoo every single one of the nastiest spiders is found in Africa. I think i need to pack a bb gun. Then i could shoot them from a distance. That'd be cool. Spiders rank in the top 3 things i'm concerned about in my PEace Corps travels.

Spiders are superceded by learning my new languages French and Bambara. #1 on the list, however, is missing thomas. :( That's gonna suck.

In happy news, Thomas and i are going to Disneyland on Sunday! Yay! And on May 12 we fly first class to DISNEY WORLD! yay. :)

Gypsy on

2 comments:

Wendy... said...

I do believe you have an obsession with all things Disney!

Tiffany said...

lol...maybe...i don't think it's an "obsession"...i mean we do live like 45 minutes from disneyland and we have season passes...I guess going to disney world is kinda obsessive though...lol