Thursday, October 23, 2008

Every Living Thing

I just finished reading Every Living Thing by James Herriot.  He's the British vet that writes about his experiences working with animals.

Such a heartwarming book.  I love reading about the cats, dogs, horses, cows, pigs, etc. and the relationship the animals have with other animals, their babies, and their humans.  

It's pretty amazing how attached we can become to our furry friends.  I'm already pretty attached to my little Phoebe.  She's so sweet tempered and loves to cuddle, which is nice since I don't have Thomas around!  And it's funny how much I miss my little (well huge) Sawyer (he's in good hands with Thomas, but i still miss that fat cat).  

Anyway, pick up a book by Herriot and you'll not be sorry.  I've read a couple (I think this is my second time reading this book, but I was so young the first time I hardly remembered it) and they are all great.  

And give your own little shaggy, hairy friends an extra treat today cause there's nothing like the unconditional love and trust of a devoted animal.

UPDATE (and a completely different subject):  I don't care who you are voting for come November, Orson Scott Card got it right (and I loved his books when i was a kid) The Press Sucks.  Don't be taken in.  

1 comment:

Sigma said...

There was a tv series "all creatures great and small' I think - awesome.